Thursday, August 5, 2010

simplicity 2725

I made this top using Simplicity 2725. I used a vintage cotton print that I picked up at an estate sale a number of years ago. I found a whole box of vintage fabric shoved under a table in the basement and they gave it to me for 3 bucks--this is why I always dig around at estate sales!
I decided to keep this top pretty simple. The pattern allows for jabots, ruffles, and collars but I just loved the print to much too distract from it. This was an easy project but I'm not in love with it by any means. It is not very flattering--the armhole combined with the dart is really dowdy. I can only wear this top as shell under a cardigan, without the cardigan I look about 20 pounds heavier. I made a few adjustments to the pattern. I eliminated the zipper and just left a sort-of keyhole opening with a hook and eye. I eliminated the armhole facing in favor of bias tape and of course I had to lengthen it for my super long torso.

No comments:

Post a Comment