Thursday, March 26, 2009

for the birds

I used McCall's M5620 and the Alexander Henry Bird Seed fabric featured on the front of the pattern.
 I have to admit when I saw the pattern I thought "hmmm...this could be really ugly" but it is the best.
 I think all the stuff they put on the front of the dresses is really distracting.
I just stuck with one simple black button.
 I definately think the belt is necessary to keep it from looking like a house dress. I made the belt with cotton lined with fusible interfacing and the buckle was one of those bonuses you find in the bottom of a large tin of buttons from a church rummage sale.
If I make the pattern again I will make it a few inches longer but other than that I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment